Saturday 24 October 2009

Halloween Card

Firstly I am sorry for being another bad blogger. :( I didn't mean to but we have been so busy in the shop with lots of new products coming in & then going back out again. lol

Well it's now the end of week 43 & half term is next week, so that means three things...the kids are off school, the clocks go back, and Halloween! Yay I just love this time of year. The beautiful display of reds, oranges & browns as autumn falls & Halloween with warm glowing pumpkins & fabulous oranges, blacks & purples. Not to mention the fabulous costumes & chocolate treats. Yumm... more for me if they don't come knocking. He He.

I know we don't seem to send Halloween cards in the UK but when I saw the Basic Grey Eerie 6" x 6" paper pad I just knew I wanted it. Basic Grey collections just seem to be getting better & better & these mini pads are ideal for cardmakers as they are perfect scaled down versions of the 12" x 12" papers for scrapbooking.

I changed a tag & pocket card slightly so there is a pocket on the front & it also opens ... so I could add more to the inside. :-))




Here is the inside of the card, with an area for writing your message.



Here's a close up of my hand drawn ghost, using my gorgeous Copic Ciao pens to add shading & the Trick or Treat using Dreamweaver Matte Black embossing paste. I love this technique. One tub goes such a long way & it is very easy to do.





Materials used:
A4 black cardstock
Copic Ciao Marker Pens C-1, C-3 & C-5
Dreamweaver stencils Bats (LL525) and Trick or Treat (LL539)
Dreamweaver Matte Black Embossing Paste + spatula + stencil tape (also available)
Peel offs, black ribbon & alpha stickers from my stash
Peel Offs pens (orange)

Now Autumn is here, you may be scrapping some of your photos, or even making cards with autumn colours or themes? If you are, how about checking out our October Competition. We have had some great entries already, which you can see in our Tweet gallery. You have got to be in it to win it!

Hopefully it won't be as long until I'm back again! Enjoy your extra hour in bed tonight.

1 comment:

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Hadn't noticed you'd done a post(must look harder in future).

Fab card. I never really got into sending Holloween cards, maybe next year!

Luv Dee xxx